Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 36

Today is the beginning of a long week.  It seems like every night this week I have something non-yoga going on in addition to the rest of my life. I am tired already just thinking about it!  This evening the Eye Doctor informed me that my contacts were fitting too tightly, doing something bad to my retina, and were the wrong prescription.  No wonder I was having eye fatigue and headaches!  Not to get too far-out there, but I once had a friend tell me that vision issues were a result of being unable to see the future of one's life clearly and honestly.  She asserted that she had cleared up her near blindness by mindfully working on being present in her life and authentic about herself.  Now I am not sure I really believe that, but it is nice to think that maybe my ability to deal more squarely with myself, and look with more confidence and compassion into the future has helped me strengthen my eyes; to see what is really there in my life.  In any case, perhaps this new prescription will help the headaches at the very least -- hooray!

I had a long conversation with a friend tonight about the 'point' of this program and how you know if you're 'revolutionizing' or not and she offered this sage wisdom "the point of the program is not about doing yoga and meditation everyday, the point is that it offers you a different perspective on how to live your life and the potential possibilities in it."  I like this idea.  I am going to sit with it a while and see how it feels. 

Tomorrow I am going to talk to an expert about my aptitude test results.  So that will definitely open up some new possibilities and perhaps new perspectives on my life.  I am looking forward to it. 

Until then, I am dragging myself to bed, because tomorrow is another long day!!

Namaste,
Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment